Rashmi Bansal and Vikram Nanivadekar (Nani) shared the mic with me for this episode. I wanted to be a bit adventurous and record this episode at CCD (my cousin who is in SYJC says calling it Cafe Coffe Day is being “unhip”) but it was just too noisy so we recorded it at JAM’s office.
Since we had someone from print and publishing biz, we talked about some of the changes that are taking place in that world.
- Want to write for JAM Mag?
- Rashmi was bothered about was that the publishing houses like Times just want reporters to turn in stories everyday and not give enough time which results in poor journalism.
- Times of India sucks says Nani
- India is the 3rd largest publishing country and yet articles are being copied word to word by established magazines.
- End of days, why doesn’t nani become a journalist.
- Can an Indian afford Harry Potter for Rs 800
- Opposition to open the publishing industry for foreign investors
A big Hi-5 to Rashmi and Nani for their participation. The banner pic is dedicated to the local bandwala’s for giving me the opening and concluding dhol music. I got 3 themes from them that they use for lezim and Ganpati visarjan. Just drop in a comment if you want some crazy nasik dhol and I shall upload it.
Listen online using Yahoo’s Podcast service or download episode :128kpbs (size ~27MB), 64 kpbs (size ~13MB)
Note: Right-click on the above MP3 link and chose “Save target as” to download the file on your computer. 128kbps sound quality will be better than 64kbps.
You can also subscribe to Indicast using these channels (its free) to get automatic updates: